Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Hiroshima Italian at MERI Principessa

I wish I had an exciting photo for the start of this entry. But I don't. However, it was a little exciting for me. Because I have been wanting to eat at Italian restaurant MERI Principessa in TAU Hiroshima for a long time. I finally was able to. 

It helped that it was the tail end of their lunch hours. Which is why there was only one other diner still in there. Outside the day was still cloudy and grey. Holiday color helped a little.

The other thing that helped me was that I knew what I wanted to eat. For lunch, MERI Principessa has set menu items and then special items for the season that feature ingredients from the Hiroshima area. 

I picked Setouchi limoncello for my drink. As for the salad, it was very nice with a light dressing.

The main course arrived.

Hiroshima Salmon Toasted Butter Sauce Spaghetti.

The salmon is rainbow trout from the Seto Inland Sea in Hiroshima. This was a light and flavorful dish, perfect for lunch. 

MERI Principessa's website is here https://www.tau-hiroshima.jp/shop/3f/meripri

Later that night I enjoyed a couple more things that I bought at TAU Hiroshima. The Setoda Lemon Ale from Yamaguchi Narutaki Kogen Brewery was just as nice as the first time I tried it on a previous trip.

I was able to heat up this delicious Hiroshima oyster curry at my hotel. I believe the company it is from is called レイニボ, which is Rainbow. Warm food was perfect after the long walk in the cold that I took before this. Which will be in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment