Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, May 10, 2019

Walking in Shinjuku

I don't remember how many times I went to Shinjuku this last trip. I did discover that I could walk underground all the way to Marui Annex. Which is helpful if it rains. 

This day it wasn't raining. The sky was a beautiful blue. And I was heading to Marui Annex. And then to another place. 

I wish I could have taken a better photo of the window display for Takano Fruit Bar. The hanging glass balls with lights were very pretty.

Not all the buildings in Shinjuku are modern. Some still retain their look from prior eras. 

After stopping at Marui Annex I came across the Tsutaya Book Apartment. 

It's a place where you can hang out with a lot of books. Unfortunately you can't see it unless you pay first. It is an interesting idea. You can even stay overnight and use their showers if needed. The prices are by the hour.

 Back to Shinjuku Station and beyond. Walking in a different direction now.

Still going. I didn't know there was a Ladurée here. I will remember for next time. 

Still walking in Shinjuku. Ignore the guy in the sign across the street. 

After stopping at a couple temples and shrines, I made it to my destination. Yes, I wanted to eat at Potohar again.

Back inside at the counter, I was able to get a photo of their tandoori oven. 

It was lunch time so I ordered one of their lunch sets. It included salad and a peppery soup. 

I went with the chicken curry and rice. This was more filling than it looks. 

I was offered not one free drink,  

but two. Having a nice cup of chai tea is a good way to end a meal. 

As for why I went to Marui Annex, well it was back to KERA Shop for the brand new Moi-même-Moitié Rose Flared Sleeve cutsew. I gave in and bought both colors. It was fun to be able to buy something in a store the day the first day they had it. 

I will say wearing mostly black when traveling does make it easier. Along with the fact not having a closet for clothing is common in hotels in Japan means bringing less clothing is easier. I did have a few other outfits to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment