Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, May 17, 2019

Kanjoin and Shinjoin Temples

One thing about visiting Zoshigaya area, it's easy to see a lot of temples. It only took me a couple hours to see the ones I saw back in March, and I'm sure I missed a couple. They are that close to each other. I was reminded of the Yanaka area which I visited the year before, and all the temples there. Both are in Tokyo and worth checking out.

This Temple is Kanjoin, part of the Nichiren Buddhist sect.

It also is one of the Seven Lucky Gods places. My personal favorite, Benzaiten.  

Goddess of music, the arts, and things that flow.  Usually there is a water feature at Benzaiten shrines. In lieu of that, those who wish her favors here are expected to pour water on her image.


Another temple in the area is Shinjoin Temple. It is also Nichiren Buddhist.  

I attempted to take a look at the chozubachi but this was the first place I've encountered that had an alarm. I have no idea why, maybe to let the people there know they had visitors?

Helps to have a decent telephoto lens. Because this is a nice dragon water spout.

Apparently Daikokuten, god of great darkness, wealth and kitchens, another of the Seven Lucky Gods is enshrined here. I hope this light shining down in my photo is a good omen. 

Next to Daikokuten was a little Shinto Inari shrine and the attendant kitsune. Newer looking pedestals here for the shrine and foxes. 

A little water feature at Shinjoin Temple. This, like Kanjoin Temple, must be very pretty once the sakura begin blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment