Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Strange Sightings in Shinjuku

This isn't strange to see. It was the Moi-même-Moitié window display for KERA SHOP in Shinjuku Marui Annex. The day after the concerts I took the Fukutoshin Line to Shinjuku-Sanchome Station. I ended up taking the Fukutoshin Line to most places. Not only was it closest to the Ikebukuro Station entrance that I used, but it often was less crowded than the Yamanote Line. Which is always good. Another thing that was different, I didn't buy anything at KERA SHOP this day. Instead I bought shoes.

While heading up to KERA SHOP I noticed something odd. 

Turned out this was a pop-up shop for Krampus Japan ~Rising~. 

They were selling goods, promoting music and participate in Krampus Fes events in Japan. 

The manager was really nice, even moving the figures so I could get better photos of them. 

These are mostly costumes people wear. But it was fun to see Krampus in Japan. Very unexpected. 

Because the weather was rather bad, I decided to see about lunch there. Looking outside it was nice in one direction. 

 And like this in the other direction. They were even giving tornado warnings for Tokyo. So I decided it would be better to stay inside for the day.

I passed on the Cinnamoroll Cafe and headed upstairs. What to eat? I decided the menu items for Mame-cha looked good.

Except I ended up ordering something else. Their winter special meal. I couldn't pass up a chance to enjoy fried oysters from Hiroshima. 

Mame-cha is an obanzai cuisine restaurant. Obanzai is a traditional style of cooking from Kyoto, a home cooking style. I can say that the food was very good and filling.  

I decided with the weather being bad it would be best just to head back to my hotel and rest. It wasn't all a loss though. On my way back through Shinjuku-Sanchome Station, I picked-up this cute cat cookie. 

And a box of So-be Monaka Hompo sweets. 

I bought a box of Japanese kitty sweets on a previous trip, so I felt the urge to do it again. Cute little guys. That was a big dorayaki in the middle.

 Kitty toes wagashi.

As for the shoes, I bought a new pair of Yosuke ankle belt platforms. I always wanted ankle belt shoes but they are difficult to find in America. They look pretty nice with the new Moi-même-Moitié Candlestick Embroidery OTK Socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment