Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Revisiting

This one is for everyone who loves the old Harajuku train station. It will be greatly missed.

Early in my visit to Tokyo I decided to revisit a few places I had been to before over the years. I always thought that this round building in Harajuku was a great choice for Volks. I believe it had been a childrens clothing store before Volks took it over.

The inside of the store was decorated for the winter holidays. Since they allowed photos of the dolls, I thought I would share a few of the many that were on display.



That was nice but my main reason for going to the Harajuku area was out on the street.

Omotesando Dori to be exact.

Which runs through the tony part of Shibuya to Aoyama.

And has for years lit up the zelkova trees that line the road.


I was here at night back in early December 2010, doing the same thing. Taking photos.

It was all lovely then, it's even more decorated now.




What is different now is that the lighting of the trees is synced to music, and the lights go on and off for each tree. As you can imagine, this is a very popular site to visit at this time of year. Even so, I was able to walk from one end of the lit trees to the other and back without having to deal with crowds. Even though it was cold, I was very happy to experience the Omotesando Dori illuminations once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment