Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, December 20, 2019

Kamalpur

Morning in Ikebukuro. Not the best view but being able to see above the tops of buildings in Tokyo, that is pretty nice.

So this adventure was back to a place I had been before. Once again I saw the Oyoko River

Why so out of the way to a place that in November doesn't have much to see? Because someone mentioned South Indian Curry. Which made me want to try it. A search came up with a place in Kiba. Not this place.

That place. That tiny sign up there. For Tandoor Bar Kamalpur. Although it sometimes gets translated into Kamarupool...

Which is actually on the first floor, with the front door at the corner of the building. Inside, you get to eat with Indian gods. Like many restaurants in Japan, it's a very small place.

I should explain a little. Because the wait staff does not speak English and there is not an English menu. The chefs do but don't usually converse with customers. But to make it easier for anyone wanted to try to eat here, I went for lunch. And there are only three items for lunch. Mild lentil curry, medium heat chicken curry, and if I remember correctly, spicy hot keema curry. I do think you can add items like naan bread with cheese, kulcha. If you go for lunch, just ask for lentil, chicken or the third hot curry. The third curry may be different at times since I see some people mentioning a dry curry in online reviews.

I went with the lentil curry lunch.

What an amazing taste! There was so much depth to the flavors. I was extremely pleased with this. I remember eating it so fast because it was great. Very happy that I went here.


Even though it was a cloudy day with the possibility of rain, I walked a bit through Kiba.

I keep seeing squirrel statues in Japan.


I will have a little more from Kiba in my next post.

Kamal Pool's address is 3 Chome-20-9, Toyo, Koto City, Tokyo. The closest train station is Kiba Station. It is a short walk from there, but you do have to look a little for the actual door for the restaurant.

And after I posted this I found their website https://kamal-pur.com/lunch.html
With the actual translation of the restaurant name. Google Maps has Kamarupool, in case anyone is trying to find this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment