Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Ikebukuro Night

I was determined to see more of Ikebukuro this trip. I headed out even though it was still hot and humid at night. I didn't want to sit in the hotel room. There was more bad news in that a 6.7 earthquake happened in Hokkaido. Very sad and it made me want to be out seeing people living their lives. 

I headed over to Sunshine 60 Street. A very popular shopping area on a street that is mostly closed off to traffic. And there were a lot of people out enjoying the night. This definitely is an area focused on youth culture with various types of amusements.

One place I noticed was Milky Way. 

Not because of the Rabbit but because of these star filled parfaits. 

And lemon drinks. Lemons were definitely happening almost everywhere I went this trip. I will have more about that later. 

I wish I had checked the place out. Something to add to the list for a future trip. 

I ended up at Tokyu Hands. It's a place I've wanted to go to for years but knew I would be tempted by many things there. I was but limited myself to a Rement to add to my miniature collection. And I bought a silk rose. Strangely, most of the roses in their craft section were blue. I figures why not, it would make an appropriate souvenir for this trip.

Near Sunshine 60 Street were these alleyways filled with restaurants. I just had to take a look. 

If my photos look a little fuzzy, it's because of the humidity. 



I headed back to Ikebukuro Station to walk through it to the street my hotel was on. 

And on my way I discovered the Ikebukuro stone owls. The original big owl was placed there in 1987 and the smaller ones in 2006. The statue is called Ike-fukuro, fukuro being the word for owl

No comments:

Post a Comment