Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A Few More Sights at Kyu Furukawa Gardens

As I wrote in my previous post, parts of the Kyu Furukawa Gardens were blocked off for maintenance during my prior visit. This time I was able to get a look at the tea house. From a distance since it's not open all the time. 

I was also able to see a few other buildings. 

And stone lanterns, toro. 

There were still a lot of clouds in the sky, creating interesting views. 

 Walking back towards the entrance, there is this large stone warehouse.

It was easy to imagine all sorts of things in the half light. I wonder if any horror films have been made here? It did have a medieval look.  

Walking back, I took a moment to appreciate the view of the mansion. A feeling of timelessness. 

And a bit ominous. 



Since I missed seeing any roses, I thought I would take a look at the entrance of the house. Turns out it was open. 

For tea. Since it was important to replenish fluids, I decided to have a cup of. I went with iced and they gave me a small tour of a couple of the rooms. It was nice to sit inside looking out at the gardens. What a nice feeling it must have been for the people who lived there. 

One last look at the mansion and that intense sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment