Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Back to Kyu Furukawa Gardens

My goal for this day in Tokyo was to return to the Kyu Furukawa Gardens. It is a very inexpensive place to visit and I was hoping to see something I didn't see the first time. 

The flowers around the mansion were now in bloom and the plants looked lusher and greener. 

The sky however was more clouds than blue. 

At times, it gave an ominous feeling to the place. So I went in search of what I didn't see the last time. Roses.

 They had cut all of them.

I walked through the formal rose garden where I did find a couple buds. 

 So like the last time, I walked through the Japanese garden.

Given the heat and high humidity, and how verdant everything was, I wondered if this is what it felt like in a rain forest.

The view up to the mansion still had a classic feel. The plants were filled out since it was summer.


 One nice thing were the butterflies. Really large Alpine Black Swallowtails flew by but I wasn't able to get a photograph. However this Indian Fritillary pranced across the rock in front of me, like it was posing for a photo.

Another nice thing was that there weren't any places closed off for maintenance. There were a number of things I was unable to see back in March, so this time I was able to get a better look. 






Of course I walked around the heart pond.

Since I have a few more photographs, I will continue this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment