Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Getting a Bite to Eat at the Vampire Cafe

What I ate while in Tokyo, was mostly nigiri sushi, onigiri and salads. I think in part because of the weather. But it is fun to get out and try something new. And there was one night that I wanted to be distracted. Because it was the night of the first Deep Sanctuary VI concert, and I did not want to be tempted to look online. I didn't want to be spoiled as to what would happen at the concert.

So I met up with an online friend for the first time in real life. She has been very helpful with information about Ikebukuro. So we met at the station and headed to Ginza. We made it out of Ginza Station only to be unsure of which way to go because the original exit we needed was closed.

Along the way we ran into this guy. It was nice to finally see the Ginza Cupid. He seemed a little preoccupied.

My friend consulted her GPS and I had remembered the name of the building. I look up and we have arrived. Yes, I finally bit the bullet and made a Gurunavi online reservation for the Vampire Cafe. 

Walking in I can't help but remember my childhood, and okay, my adulthood, celebrating Halloween. My parents participated in haunted houses for charity so I spent my fair share playing witch or other haunted creature. The interior of Vampire Cafe definitely is in this spirit. I was a little worried that it might be campy, but that was dispelled.

We ordered drinks. This may be the Necromancer, with Dracula's Blood, blue curaçao, gin and lemon and a few rose petals for good measure. I'm not sure since it does not look like the photo online but then none of the current drinks look like this. No matter what it really was, it was good, and the light is a nice touch since the booths are fairly dark.

My friend ordered the Bloody Rose, a mixture of cranberry juice and tonic water. She said it was very sweet.

Over time, my glass was glowing brighter. A bit strange and interesting.

 We had put in for the Vampire Favorite Course when I made the reservation. Our first dish was the Garden of Beautiful Roses ham charcuterie plate.

Next was the Ritual of Resurrection to Awaken Those of Darkness. A Caesar salad of avocado and salmon, topped with a black rice bat cracker. This is where the fun began. Vampire Rose, the host of the cafe, came over and poured the red dressing onto the salad, while chanting, which the rest of the staff replied to. Entertaining way to serve up salad. And the salad was very good. We ate all of it.

 Following that was the Roses of Destiny, an ajillo of tomatoes and avocado with bread. I don't think this went over as well with us, but it wasn't bad. The tomato rose was pretty.

 What was good was the Name of Despair: The crime of the death god dyed in the jet black. Pasta with squid ink, ikasumi, cream sauce and mushrooms. Even though it made our lips and teeth black for a few minutes, it was worth it. That's a skull rice cracker, and I did disturb Death on the rim of the plate. I have live to tell about it.

 More dining entertainment. The Tragedy Burning Punishment for Judgment of the Rebels, half a chicken with herbs and spices, turned into a flaming inferno by Vampire Rose.

While we waited for dessert, I couldn't help but take a photo or two of the room beyond. Atmosphere is a good word to describe the restaurant. Helped by the playing of the soundtrack of the Nightmare Before Christmas. I have a few Halloween soundtracks, maybe I could send them over to help out with the ambiance?

 Finally our Dark Poison Spiders arrived. Rather cute for something supposedly dangerous. And pretty delicious also.

Heading out I took a couple photos. Seriously, it's like being at home around Halloween. I was smiling the whole time there.

I know I and my friend had a bloody good time. I hope I will get the chance to return, because the food was good and I did enjoy both the decor and the service. Thanks a lot Vampire Rose and the staff of the Vampire Cafe!

The Vampire Cafe website is here https://www.dd-holdings.jp/shops/vampirecafe/ginza
and there address is 〒104-0061 Tokyo, Chūō, Ginza, 6丁目7−6 ラペビル

No comments:

Post a Comment