Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

I Finally Make it to Hawaii

When I searched for air fare for my trip, the price was high because it was the end of summer. But one airline had discounted a couple of days. It meant that my trip would be shorter than usual, but the bonus besides the price was getting to go somewhere I had wanted to visit all my life. Hawaii. 

Flying into Oahu, I was not disappointed. The color of the water below, very intense and beautiful. Even when looking through an airplane window. 

As for the airport in Honolulu, it wasn't bad. Even though it is older, the people working there were helpful and nice. And the grounds had interesting things to see.

As to the weather, it was warm and humid but a beautiful day. 

I couldn't resist taking this photo. 

I had four hours between flights on Hawaiian Airlines, so I stopped at Makai Plantation for lunch. Breakfast in Portland, lunch in Honolulu, dinner in Tokyo. That was my plan.  

And I knew what I wanted. Since it was my first time in Hawaii, even if only for a couple of hours, I wanted to be a tourist. So I order a Blue Hawaiian. I use to enjoy these long ago. And the one here was very good. Even better was that piece of pineapple. It really was the best pineapple I have ever eaten. Soft, no fibers, and so sweet. I wish I had asked for more. Definitely will next time. 

Being a tourist, lunch had to be ahi poke. This was also very good. Served with a bit of wasabi, it was a great lunch.

I should mention that I had been worried that my flight to Tokyo might be cancelled because of Typhoon Jebi. My timing was good in that after crossing Honshu Island at Osaka, Jebi had moved along the western side of the island and was now north of it. My flight was still happening. However, there were many people who were not so lucky since their flights were to the Kansai Airport. Because the runways were flooded from the storm, and a bridge to the airport damaged, their flights were cancelled. Which meant many of them were moved to flights to Tokyo. Including on my flight.

Finally it was time to fly. I did get to see downtown Honolulu with Diamond Head in the distance. We flew over it but it was difficult to get decent photos. Very cool to see from the air. 

The U.S. Air Force uses the airport for their planes. Interesting to see these take off and land on the same runways. Along with jet fighters and stealth bombers. 

We taxed out to a runway built further away along the ocean. It really was a beautiful day! 

And the ocean, gorgeous. 



Aloha Hawaii, I hope I may see you again. 


Next stop, Tokyo. Across blue water, under blue sky. It was lovely to see the clouds from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment