Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

ROCK MAY KAN Memorial Live Mana Translation

 


Souvenirs de ROCK MAY KAN 

Meguro ROCK MAY KAN, a nostalgic rock hall of fame
My memories of Meguro ROCK MAY KAN go back to my teenage years as a high school student in Hiroshima, when I used to read the music magazine "Rockin'f" until it was worn out.

At that time, many Japanese metal bands performed at Meguro ROCK MAY KAN, and it was widely recognized as the holy land of rock.

After some time passed, I formed MALICE MIZER in 1992, and I remember being deeply moved to be able to perform my first live show at Meguro ROCK MAY KAN. I was able to watch the senior band that was playing against us that day from the second floor level, and it was a great inspiration.

Meguro ROCK MAY KAN is an important live house where I have performed many times since then.
I am very grateful that I was able to do many unique and special things at this rock hall of fame, such as dancing without playing the guitar and performing theatrical performances.
It is no exaggeration to say that MALICE MIZER's direction and foundation were established here.

And when I heard that Meguro ROCK MAY KAN would be relocated in 2023, I really wanted to perform at the Meguro ROCK MAY KAN stage one last time.

It will be sad to see ROCK MAY KAN disappear from its former location due to the relocation.

That place is where we, MALICE MIZER, grew up, and it is a big stepping stone to Tokyo Rock.

January 10, 2024, when we will perform at Meguro ROCK MAY KAN for the first time in about 30 years with special guest Közi, will be a special day.

Mana

No comments:

Post a Comment