Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Looking for Lace in Nippori


I returned to Nippori Station. Despite the cloudy weather, it was still possible to see Sky Tree.

Zoom photo for my friend since she loves Sky Tree.

 There isn't much to see in Nippori right outside the train station. The pastel colored buildings were nice.

Nippori wasn't very busy that day. It was actually a holiday. Yama no Hi Mountain Day. It was the first time it was ever celebrated in Japan so I didn't know if many shops would close for it in the middle of the week. I was about to find out.

Because I was headed to Nippori Textile Town to look for lace. I wasn't sure I was headed the right way. Nice they have a sign that points which way to go.

Pretty little flowers along the street. I had seen these in other parts of Tokyo. I'm not sure what they are called.

They are nice. If you are wondering why I'm only showing flower photos here...it's because almost all the fabric stores including the big Tomato stores were closed. A few smaller ones were open but that was it.

This nice piece of public art pretty much summed up how I felt. Tired and a little disappointed. No lace for me. But I did find one piece of fabric hanging outside a guy's shop so it wasn't a total waste of time and energy for me.

Along with spying this place. MOS Burger!

I couldn't leave Japan without eating at least once at MOS Burger.

Now you can get both french fries and onion rings in one order. Why don't more places do this? Those are great onion rings. Really nice batter and not as oily as most onion rings are. So good!

Of course I got the shrimp burger. Because I really like it. And it was just as good as I remembered.

As to that fabric, there was no way I was not going to get it once I saw it. It's actually black lace with blue roses printed on it. Reminded me of the musician Mana who I had seen perform at the Deep Sanctuary V concert. Now if I can just decide to use it as part of a skirt or a bolero or a scarf or...I'm sure I will think of something. It amused me to find it since there was nothing else there that was similar. Odd but a nice find for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment