Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, May 18, 2018

Hanging out in Shiba and Hamamatsucho

For the first part of my March trip to Tokyo I stayed at the same hotel I've stayed at a few times before. In Shiba, which is a little area in Minato Ward. During the time I took a few photos seeing what had changed and what was the same. The Poko Bagels place was gone (I mentioned this last year), replaced by a pet groomer. The window had lost the wooden Dachshund dog but gained this little fur baby. There were other cats on other days, usually asleep. 

 The bowl with water plants and tiny minnows was still in front of a place, and so was this tank of fancy gold fish.

And the sakura tree was still there besides this building. I first saw it in 2011, next to the entrance. It's too bad they didn't just plant it by the building. It would look better. But it is still alive and blooming. 

Shiba's gained a sign! Now I have proof. 

Near there is another sign with a bit about the history of Shiba. Basically there were fishing villages here. At some time in the Edo period, tea serving servants for the castle lived in the area. 

There's even an ukiyo-e created by Utagawa Hiroshige, the first. One of Edo's famous sites at the time. 

The Furukawa still flows under the Inner Circular Route. Restaurant boats still moored there. On the right is Shiba, on the left is Hamamatsucho.

Despite all the concrete buildings, there are a few places where one looks up and sees green. 

Back at Sanuki-Kohaku Inari Shrine on the Hamamatsucho side of the river.

Lions and foxes still watching the place. 

Fox ema still being left. Someone left an omamori, a blue charm. Guess it was time to turn it in. 

More ema including the horse ones I mentioned in last year's post. Here's a link in case you are curious. I explained a bit about the shrines here. 

Not the same cat this year. I'm sure this shrine is nice for cats to hang out at.

A few more Inari foxes hanging out at the smaller shrine.

Just a few more random photos. Like this water hydrant manhole cover. The second firefighter looks a little shocked. 

Still a lot of eateries in Hamamatsucho. Being between Shiba where there are a lot of major companies, and Hamamatsucho and Daimon Stations, it makes sense that the dining business has grown there. There's even an Okinawan restaurant complete with red roof tiles over the entrance. I believe the name is Uru no Ya, but I couldn't find a review of the place. I think it is new.

 Me, while I was in Shiba I ate breakfast at the hotel since it was included and dinner was something from local konbini. I found myself eating lunch in different parts of Tokyo while I was out exploring. I did stop at MOS Burger in Hamamatsucho. It's a tradition by now. Sat upstairs this time so I could have a different view.

I had my shrimp burger fix. 

Along with their fries and onion rings. Those onion rings are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment