Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, April 30, 2018

Hibiya Park

 Every trip I take I have a list of places I want to see. Some are not so exciting but still are interesting. With Tokyo, that list is very long. So this time I wanted to get to a number of places that I'd thought about for some time. Which is why I went to Tsukiji. That same day I decided I wanted to see a fountain.

 So a short subway ride and I was in Hibiya Park. Because there is a fountain there. I know there are other fountains in Tokyo but it's not so easy to find them.

Hibiya Park's Fountain is a bit easier to find. Just beyond it is the Hibiya Open Small Music Hall. 

Along with lots of lovely green trees. At night they have colored lighting. 

 I'd like to go back to see that. Hopefully it won't be raining. 

Besides the fountain there were hints of spring flowers. And a Tokyo Tower topiary. 

In fact, there was a lot of planting of flowers happening. And park maintenance. Lots of it. 

I thought maybe there would be sakura blooming. 

I'm sure these trees look amazing. When the skies are not so dark. 

I kept searching. And found some amazing trees just starting to show their beauty. 

Camellias were also beginning to bloom. The pretty little Craftsman style building just beyond is the Felice Garden, a wedding venue.   

I kept walking hoping to find something interesting. Since Hibiya Park is next to the Imperial Palace I wasn't surprised to find a moat wall here. 

This part of the park was constructed to reflect the type of garden that existed when the park was opened in 1903. The park had been part of estates back when Tokyo was Edo.

Even though the park and this garden were under maintenance, koi still swam in the pond. I understand there is a fountain in the pond but it looks like part of it was removed.

However there were still interesting things to see. Birds. Not the flock of pigeons that would not leave me alone. This large black bird across the pond. 

A Japanese cormorant. For most, we see them in fishing videos. So getting to see one like this was nice.

Along with this ghostly white bird. I knew it was a heron or egret. I've seen great egrets here in Oregon so being able to see an eastern great egret was also nice. In fact, this wasn't the only time I saw one on my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment