Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, April 28, 2017

Hiroshima Represents in Ginza Tokyo

To finish up my shopping in Ginza, here is the third place I visited. Because I liked what I bought the last time I was in Tokyo.

 This time I didn't eat at any of the restaurants because my plan was to spend more time browsing in Tau Setouchi, the Hiroshima brandshop. I even knew a few things I want to get. Since I still had some time in Tokyo I also picked up some of the little cakes to enjoy each day.

Which included a few Hiroshima lemon treats. Finding these little donuts was great.

They even came with a pretty pick so I didn't have to get anything on my fingers. They were a tasty change from the hotel breakfast.

Since I bought lemon cakes the last time, I only got a couple this time.

Like this frosted little lemon shaped cake.

Pretty packaging lets you know this is also lemon cake.

And very moist and delicious inside. These are not very big so make a nice addition to a cup of tea.

This time though I went more for the other cakes that Hiroshima is known for. Their momiji shaped ones.

Momiji are shaped like maple leaves like this chocolate covered cake. There was a little cream inside.

Shaped like maple leaves, alright?

Flavored with matcha, green tea, which gave this one a olive green appearance.

 These are manju, filled with azuki beans which is more traditional for the momiji from the Hiroshima area.

And just like everything else, there are seasonal ones like this sakura momiji manju.

As you can tell, different bakeries have slightly different molds for their momiji manju.

Inside the sweet bean paste was pink and I could tell there was a little different flavor to it.

I didn't just go for sweets. My real goal with a bottle of Hiroshima lemon juice. Which I am enjoying even now. Along with this great lemon flavored black tea. I'd buy both again in a heartbeat.

Along with this great sake, which I have no clue as to what brewery it is from or the name of it. I wish I had bought a second bottle to bring back to Oregon.

 Cute label with a camellia flower. If anyone knows anything about this sake please comment!

I bought a couple other things which I will post about later. For now, here is the address for Tau Setouchi Hiroshima: 1-6-10 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Tokyo. And my post about my first visit there is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment