Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

TAU of Ginza

So what was it I wanted to find in Ginza?

I wanted to find Hiroshima.

That is TAU Setouchi Hiroshima. I do not know why I did not see it the first day I went looking. Maybe it's easier to see at night because of the lit signs?

Home of a lot of Hiroshima Toyo Carp gear

and restaurants.

Where you can dine on Hiroshima cuisine.

Along with having a lot of things made with lemons and a lot of other products that come from Hiroshima.

So how did I know about this place? From a Japanese show called "Wakako Zake". I first saw the anime and then started watching the live version. It's about the enjoyment of food. The main character Murasaki Wakako is from Hiroshima so one episode she visited TAU. Since you can't take photos inside the store I grabbed a shot from that episode. Wakako is at the door. That center shelf is full of lemon pastries. I know, because I grabbed a few when the store was closing.


It may seem strange to buy lemon pastries like this but they were perfect for hot summer weather.

The gâteau was nice. Because it was a little crumbled I ate that first on the plane. Really that was my reason for buying a few things I could take with me. Since I was wise to the fact that the food wasn't going to be very good.

The rest made it home with me so I enjoyed each one on different days. First was the Toraya lemon cake. Toraya is Japanese Western sweets shop in Hiroshima along with selling their products throughout Japan. This was a lovely cake and I wish I could get more. The balance of sour and sweet was just right.

This fun looking little pastry looks like it would be really sour with the lemon slices on top but actually it wasn't. This treat from Renoka and the lemon was soft and a bit sweet. Also was really delicious.


This little Hiroshima lemon tart from Mike didn't fare so well. Still was very enjoyable with my tea.

This last purchase isn't pastry. I had told my friend in Japan that I realized what is missing in a lot of Japanese food in America is the flavor that comes from katsuobushi. I don't know if it's the quality or just that a lot of places do not use enough in their recipes. I told her I wanted to get some in Tokyo. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to find some so when I saw this inexpensive Hiroshima Toyo Carp katsuobushi I couldn't resist. Makes me laugh a little to see it.

TAU Hiroshima Brand Shop's website is here. They are located at   〒104-0061
1-6-10, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Ginza top one building

So while I've showed you what I bought at TAU I still haven't written why I went there. That's the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment