Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, September 16, 2016

Studio Ghibli Dining Experience at the Sun Cafe

A fun part of dining in Japan is the number of theme restaurants they have. Along with places doing limited time themes in conjunction with events. Mori Tower was no different in that they had their Sun Cafe take part with the Studio Ghibli Exhibit. I expected a little more decor but the movie posters hanging from the ceiling were cheery and colorful.

I got in line not long after they opened and was seated pretty fast. The cafe was nice with big windows and lots of light. I was given this menu which had everything related to a Studio Ghibli movie.

I wish my photos were better but I bet you can tell that is a Soot Burger for the movie My Friend Totoro.

I didn't want to over do the sugar with a soda so I went with their beer offering which was a homage to the movie "The Wind Rises". I guess because it's more of an adult movie? Beer looked pretty but I have to say it was the strangest beer I have ever had. More like lime soda. Low alcohol too.

I ordered the Castle in the Sky Laputa bread and meatball soup.

I couldn't believe I was eating another melted cheese with ham sandwich. I never eat like this at home.

But it was pretty good and very filling. I couldn't finish it. Look at that sunny side up egg! Nicely done.

The soup was really good! It was tomato with spices and mushrooms. I think the best tomato soup I have eaten. I did finish it.

So that was a nice end to my visit to Mori Tower at Roppongi Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment