Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, August 12, 2019

Ueno Under Grey Skies

I was not going to give into the gloomy July skies, the heat and intermittent rain. Only a few days left and I wanted to see something I had not seen before. It wasn't these beautiful hydrangea, which are always nice to see.


Not far from where I started in Ueno, one of Ueno Stations old entrances. There are still lovely bits of old wrought iron here and there in Tokyo. But this wasn't what I came to Ueno for.

I've actually seen this before. One of the main roads through Ueno. Another building built to look like a ship? That's the Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Ueno shop building. It's right next to Ameya-Yokocho, a popular shopping street. But that wasn't where I was going.

Instead I headed to Ueno Park. Also a place I had been to before. Along with a lot of other people spending time there that day.

Up past the refreshing waterfall.

And along a path lined with hydrangea.

Still holding rain drops.

A view down to where I was going. Off in the distance, a place I had been to before. To see something I hadn't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment