Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Shinobazu Ike in July

Walking across the bridge to Bentendo, one sees a vast surface of large green leaves.

If I had never been here before, I would not realize that there was a large water filled pond below those leaves.



It's an impressive view in all directions. Included seeing people walk across the bridge that is in the Ueno Zoo. They almost look like they are walking on the leaves.

A closer look reveals something pink amongst those leaves.

Large tight petals buds of pink.



Some have opened to reveal that they are lotus blossoms.


Stunning to see like this. Something I had not seen before, a floating sea of flowering lotus.



Underneath were plenty of koi and turtles.




I spent time admiring the view and taking photos. Including a couple with mini acrylic Mana.




Part of Shinobazu Ike (pond) is free of lotus plants and open to people who want to rent boats.

It also allows space for birds like this egret.

Shaking off the rain. Since it started raining a bit more, I decided it was time to head to the next place I wanted to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment