Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Shinjuku Shopping

So what's a person to do after a couple nice events and it's rainy weather? Go shopping. Specifically to find a new hair brush. Because actually I did need one. I can say the Tangle Teezer is a very good brush. It feels good to use and I like that it has short flexible bristles. I can't use a brush with hard bristles. This was recommended by someone with longer hair, and I am thankful for their recommendation. Of course it was at Tokyu Hands. Except it was only at the stores in Shinjuku and Shibuya. 

So off I went to Shinjuku. Because there is a way to get around that doesn't involve being in the rain. It involves being underground. Shinjuku Station has a number of tunnels that span underneath the streets around the station. While it's not the most exciting way to get around, it's good when the weather is inclement. It also helps to know them for accessing different train lines in Shinjuku Station. And in case anyone was wondering, Exit C1 gets you very near Shinjuku Marui Annex.

 Which is where I saw these guys. Eva anyone?

These Neon Genesis Evangelion models were about three feet high and impressive. 

While stores do not normally allow photos, there was a sign saying photos were allowed of the models. Unfortunately some tourists didn't get it that I was trying to take photos and kept stepping in front of me so I wasn't able to get very good ones.

It's obvious what my reason was for going to Marui Annex. KERA SHOP and Moi-même-Moitié. And of course photography of their display windows is also allowed. The Juliet dress looks really cute with the aprons. 

Since there was a sale on the wallets and I needed a new wallet to use regularly, I was in luck and got just what I wanted. I like that the inside of the wallet is Moitié blue.

The charm is a vintage Moi-même-Moitié Lily Cross Strap from 2011, that I was able to get on Mercari. I had my service send the package to my hotel. I also received a package from WunderWelt Fleur again this way. It's nice when companies will do this.

I also picked up a pair of the new Moi-même-Moitié crew socks. They are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment