Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, April 14, 2017

One Never Knows What They May Find

Last time I was in Tokyo I took photos from Tokyo City View at Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills. A couple places I had not visited before interested me. So after Shibuya I was on my way to one of those places.

 When I found myself walking on a path surrounded by bamboo encased in glass walls.

While I knew I was in Aoyama and I knew this was a shrine I didn't know much else about it. In an area of concrete buildings it did give a sheltered feeling of being somewhere less hectic and more calming.

Later I discovered it was the walk way for Baisoin Temple, designed by Kengo Kuma and Associates. I might have taken more photos if I had known then.

Beyond it was a well tended cemetery. Given that it was almost Shunbun no Hi 春分の日, Spring Equinox when people visit the graves of family and loved ones to clean and remember them, meant there were probably more people there than usual.

Being mindful of this I limited my photo taking. I paid my respects to those who passed on and continued my walk towards the place I wanted to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment