Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, August 26, 2016

Le Cordon Bleu La Boutique in Tokyo

After checking out the Kyu Asakura House (posts are here) it was time for lunch. To say it was a relief to get out of the heat was an understatement.

My friend's choice was Le Cordon Bleu's La Boutique.

It's a little cafe where students put their skills to work.

I know, fly all the way to Japan only to end up eating Western food? But look at those pastries!

My friend chose this cute little fruit tart which she thoroughly enjoyed. That blueberry was first to be eaten.

Since I hadn't eaten much in the last day or so having been traveling for most of it, I decided to approach this with an anime feeling and chose the croquet monsieur. For a grilled cheese sandwich it was quite good. The sharpness of the cheese complimented the ham inside nicely.

So hard to decide which dessert. I ended up with this lovely opera cake. The espresso in it along with my iced tea was a good pick-me-up.

There were a number of fun things to look at in the cafe including boxes of macarons. Tempting but I had plans for my macaron money. Also being shown were these student works of art. Made of bread.

This musical lady playing koto made me think of Mitsuki Dazai. I will have to post the photo for her.

In case you are ever in this area and feeling hungry for cafe cuisine, here is the website for Le Cordon Bleu's La Boutique.

No comments:

Post a Comment