Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, August 18, 2016

It Was a Good Day for Flying



I haven't been sure how to start writing about this recent trip I took. To go on about how much effort I put in, saving money and selling a few things? About arranging it months in advance not knowing if something would blow up like the last time I went to Japan? How I didn't know if I could handle it physically, especially since it would be in August.

I finally decided to go back to Japan, even if it was for a short visit. Over five years since I was there, experiencing first hand the effects of the Great Tohoku Disaster on Tokyo. Like my trying to write this blog, I guess I was stuck. Other things were keeping me from traveling. But then thanks to a friend I had a chance to go to a concert featuring the reuniting of musicians of a group I've long wished I had seen when they were together. That gave me motivation to do something. So the day came for me to depart. Off I went to Portland International Airport.

That place with the famous carpet. Which was replaced with this carpet. But everyone still takes carpet photos. Here's my feet waiting for the Air Canada plane to take me to Vancouver, Canada. Turned out not to be the best way to go but it was about $500 cheaper. Plus I could finally say I've been to Canada.

One of the interesting things about it is Air Canada's gate was off of the main international wing of the airport. Where there is a display most people don't see. Where Portlandia's mayor Kyle MacLachlan is there to give you a send off for your trip.

Along with costumes and props from The Librarians.

Portlandia's Toni and Candice. 

Props from Goonies and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I was a little surprised there wasn't anything from the tv show Grimm.

Finally the delayed plane arrived and it was time to take off.

As for me, I was very tired. I had spent a lot of time getting things ready for the trip, getting the cats to a boarding home, and so much more. I had hoped to rest up before but ended up not getting everything done that I had wanted to. But it was time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment