Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Unagi and Ikebukuro at Night

Of course I went back to Manmaru. Because when something is good, it's worth enjoying.

And again I asked for their recommendation for sake. This time, I can translate the label.

It's the Unchecked Main Brew Sake from Ichinokura in Miyagi.

Nice and balanced, this dry sake had just the right amount of sweetness. Very refreshing.

While I like to try new foods, I come here for the unagi.

Because it is delicious. And there is something about sansho pepper...the smell is so enticing.

This time I noticed the little eel in the bottom of the dish.

Did I mention it rained most of the time I was in Tokyo in July?

Not heavy rain, just enough to make everything wet, including anyone out in it. Rain so light it blew everywhere.

But it did help with getting decent photos at night. I wish I had taken more. 

It did add to the atmosphere of Ikebukuro's Sunshine Dori area. Yes, it is this busy every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment