Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tokyu Hands Cafe

I wish I had more time to check out Tokyo's new restaurants. Theme restaurants are still popular there with new ones opening all the time. It's common for regular restaurants to set up a theme menu and more to promote merchandise for companies. One new place for this is the Hand's Cafe inside Tokyu Hands Ikebukuro.

Just opened on June 28th, they collaborated with Howacoloclub. I am not familiar with Howacoloclub. It is a Japanese illustrated comic series. They have chibi pastel colored dogs and other cute cartoon animals. Some of the diners seemed familiar with Howacoloclub. I noticed a few taking selfies with the plush animals.

Me, I settled for taking a few photos with mini acrylic Mana and Kirin beer. I felt it was appropriate after the Moi-même-Moitié Online Salon event talk.

The reason I wanted to go here was this. Hawakoro-chan's Flower Curry. Could this be a beer flower garden now?

This was a nice dish. I found it interesting to eat lettuce with curry, but then I've had curry spiced salad dressings before, which were good. This was a Japanese styled curry. Overall my meal was decent. I think because the restaurant is new, the staff were still trying to figure out what to do. So service was a little slow but with time I'm sure it has improved. What was nice is to have a place to sit, eat and drink inside Tokyu Hands. I hope their cafe succeeds. 

The themes appear to change monthly. Here is the link to the Hands Cafe with the current theme https://www.handscafe.jp/ikebukuro/

No comments:

Post a Comment