Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Hiroshima Cafe and More

I wasn't done shopping that day. Taking the Marunouchi Line to Ginza, I stopped at a favorite place for food items. But first, dinner. I decided to try the Hiroshima Cafe at TAU.

I had seen they were serving cold curry noodles from Jinraiken restaurant in Hiroshima. Of course I had to take a photo with mini acrylic Mana.

This was a good choice for the hot humid weather. I was surprised at the spiciness, which was just right. The cold shrimp were marinated in lemon juice. I'm glad I finally was able to try one of Hiroshima's well known cold noodle dishes. Jinraiken's website is here https://www.kure-reimen.com/

Following my meal I picked up a few things. Water jellies are very popular in Japan in the summer. This one is from Baken Mozart Shop, known for their baked goods and sake jelly.

No sake in this one. It has "Hiroshima's famous water" and Hiroshima hassaku oranges. I was expecting sweet but this was a bit bitter. Once I got beyond my surprise, the cool jelly with the juicy orange slices was enjoyable.

Seriously, it's hard to resist taking photos with acrylic Mana. Like my dinner the next day. Karaage chicken from one of the little shops in Ikebukuro Station. 

Along with a Setoda Lemon Ale from the sake shop in TAU. It is produced by Yamaguchi Narutaki Kogen Brewery and I enjoyed it. The lemon flavor was just right. I also bought a small bottle of sake, because Hiroshima brewers make really good sake.

Also part of my dinner that night was unagi roll from Midori Sushi in Ikebukuro Station. I've written about them before. It's nice how they change some items for each season.

Another beer I picked up was this Shimanowa Beer Kure Ginjo, from Kure, Hiroshima. It is made using Hiroshima sake yeast. The taste was more like a dark beer. I didn't think it was bad, but I preferred the lighter Setoda Lemon Ale.

Speaking of lemons, of course I bought a couple bottles of lemon juice. It's hard to find lemon juice that has the natural sweetness like the ones produced in Hiroshima. This bottle comes from Shimagocoro, a company known for the lemon cakes they make. It's 100% pure Setoda lemon juice, recommended for drinking. Also for drinking is the Onomichi Port Opening 850th Anniversary Coffee, from Geishu Onomichi Coffee (芸州おのみち珈琲) in Onomichi. They are a new coffee roaster there. It is a blend of six beans and is very nice.

I am going to find some more food specialty markets for my next trip. I love trying out special items from different areas. Sometimes Uwajimaya market near where I live has events from different areas in Japan. Their Sapporo food fair was really tasty. And I will always go back to TAU Hiroshima in Ginza because I'm always finding new foods and drinks to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment