Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, August 19, 2019

A Walk Along a River

After my time in Ueno, I headed over to the Sumida River. On the Asakusa side. Across were some famous Tokyo buildings. 

On the left is the very obvious Sky Tree tower. The building on the right is the Sumida Ward Office. 

From this angle, the Asahi Brewery Headquarters building does look like a beer mug with the condominium building behind it as the handle. And there is the Golden Flame of the Asahi Beer Hall.

Some other day I will explore that side of the river. For now, I was here to take a walk along the river thorough Sumida Park. 

Actually I didn't have far to walk.  

Just to this bridge for the Tobu Isesaki Rail Line. The blue bridge just beyond this is the Kotokoibashi.

As to why I was there, it was this photo of the late MALICE MIZER drummer Kami. I wanted to add a photo to the MALICE MIZER Locations map. Guitarist and founder Mana had posted this photo on Twitter this summer in memory of Kami. 

Although it was not a sunny day like the original photo and the grasses had grown taller, I was able to find the spot. It was a good place to sit nearby and think about my trip and about what Kami means to people. And to think of what I wanted to do with the little time I had left in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment