Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Shibuya in the Summertime

So this was the day after the concert. I wasn't sure how my right knee would hold up. It was swollen below the knee cap and pretty much all of my leg down to my foot was contused. I had landed right on the patellar tendon and top of my tibia bone, the tibial tuberosity. There was some pain but the swelling may have helped keep it from hurting more. I had also put cold bottles of water on it during the night. However it felt very stiff. But since I only had two days left and there was one place I really wanted to go, I thought I would see if I could handle it. So out I went under the sweltering Ikebukuro sky.

Into Ikebukuro Station and out at Shibuya Station. Where I headed to the ESP Museum for the MALICE MIZER 25th Anniversary Exhibition. Yes I am going backwards a little in my posts. But since I don't have many photos from this trip, I thought I would post a few of busiest part of Shibuya. 

That's right, the Shibuya Scramble. 


Down the street and by Shibuya Marui. Visual kei music must be doing okay, the band Razor even had a billboard on the store. 

 And more Marui. The company has a number of department stores in Shibuya and Shinjuku along with other places. Thankfully the ESP Museum and Craft House are not far from Shibuya Station so I made it there with out any problems. I also was actively looking for elevators. It helped.

I decided to get something to eat after my museum visit. Heading back towards a place I had been to before. 

Same street as Mount Rainier Hall. I'm hoping I can go there again next year. I had a lot of fun at that venue. I should also explain all the Namie Amuro signs. She is a very popular Japanese entertainer who was retiring on September 16th. So ads for her Final Tour 2018 dvd and blu-ray were everywhere.

As for me, I decided to indulge just a little. I had been very good with eating while in Tokyo. Salads, nigiri sushi with just fresh fish (none of that mayo stuff) and onigiri. Since I hadn't eaten out anywhere because of the heat, it was time for something fun. So I stopped by MOS Burger. It almost isn't an official trip for me if I haven't eaten something from MOS. 

This time it was their shrimp burger. Nice big pieces of shrimp this time and I really noticed the citrus flavor of lemon. There it was again. Everywhere I went had lemon in something. 

But the thing I really wanted was their onion rings. So I took a little time to rest my leg and enjoy some fast food. Something I don't normally eat. But once in a while, indulging isn't a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment