Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, October 5, 2018

Food and Architecture in Ginza

While people may not be into Ginza's shopping, it's a place worth checking out. For the architecture. Besides Shibuya, there was another place I wanted to stop at. In Ginza. I wasn't sure how my right leg was but I decided to try going since I was familiar with getting there and getting back. And I wanted to get a few photos since I hadn't done much this trip. And there is much to see along Chuo Dori, one of the main streets. The Ginza Place building for one. It's a newer building with a facade based on sukashibori, Japanese lattice work. Designed by Klein Dytham for the Sapporo Company, the building's shape is suggested by the historic Seiko Building that is across from it.

Also at the same intersection is the Ricoh San-ai Dream Center Building. Now if they can get Mitsukoshi Department Store to redo their facade at the corner, they might get everything rounded off.

The lighting wasn't great for photos of buildings but this photo of the Louis Vuitton store is interesting. It looks different when it's not lit up.

Of course there are jewelry shops in Ginza. What I liked about Ginza Diamond Shirashi is their clock. And that they play lovely classical music outside their store. 

The shape of their zodiac clock is like a cut diamond. 

But for me, I was here for the lemons. TAU-Hiroshima. Good restaurants, good sake, good market and fun Hiroshima items like Hiroshima Carp souvenirs. I would feel bad if I was in Tokyo and didn't stop by.

I bought a few things to take back to Oregon, and a few things I enjoyed before leaving.

A little Onomichi lemon cake. 

A little Nishikido momiji monju. This one had azuki bean filling. 

And a small bottle of Fujujin Rice Daijinjo unfiltered raw sake from Sempuku Brewery in Hiroshima. This is their special label line for the anime movie "In this Corner of the World". I had a very nice conversation with the lady in the sake section of TAU. Turns out she lived in Chicago and New York. Since I was unable to go out that evening because of my leg, and because it rained, I enjoyed this in my hotel room. Being unfiltered raw sake, it would not have traveled well. It was good, and made my down time a little more enjoyable and the rain helped cool the night temperatures down. I opened the window and had a bit of sake while listening to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment