Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, October 12, 2018

And the Trip Back to Oregon

My short trip to Tokyo was over and I took the N'EX train back to Narita. It's a good way to go. By buying a round trip ticket, I saved money too. So I bought a few things to enjoy on my way to the airport and on the flight back. These almond cookies were rather good. They went well with this Salty Litchi drink. Someone had a bottle in a photo and it was at the local konbini so I thought I would try it. Well first it was to have something cold to put on my injured right leg the night I fell. The bottle is a good shape for that. The drink was interesting. I thought it would taste salty but it really didn't.

I found these at the same konbini. Chestnut KitKats and they were pretty good. I think I ate these on the plane.

This Hiroshima lemon cake was also enjoyed on the plane. I was walking back through Ikebukuro Station after returning from Venus Fort and there were booths in front of one of the department stores. I could not resist buying a few treats for the trip home, this being one of them. Like I mentioned before, a lot of lemon flavored foods this time around. I learned on the flight there that while Hawaiian Air is not a bad airline, the food left a bit to be desired, especially since they do not give you a choice at meals. So I made sure to have a couple things to eat.

Since it was dark on the ride to Narita and then the flight to Hawaii, I didn't take photos. I also didn't take photos in the airport in Hawaii since I did that previously. And there wasn't much time in between flights since getting to customs was a very long walk, followed by another long walk to the departure gates. Finally we boarded our plane bound to Portland, Oregon. Hoping we would beat Hurricane Olivia which was headed directly to Hawaii.

 Well, we sat in the plane at the gate for at least a half hour, due to inbound planes flying around Hurricane Olivia. On the same flight path our plane needed to take to get to Oregon. So I took a few photos of the U.S. Air Force planes that were landing.


Finally we were taking off. The sky was getting darker but Olivia wasn't near Hawaii yet. Still stormy weather was being sent towards us thanks to Olivia. My trip was book ended by these storms.

Honolulu and Diamond Head in the distance. 

Not as sunny as the day I first arrived. Still warm. 

Aloha Honolulu. Still the color of that water, beautiful. 



Goodbye Hawaii. 


A very long sunset off in the distance while we flew into another night. Going back in time. 

Finally arriving at Portland International Airport. Where there is a Lego version of our beloved Multnomah Waterfall. 

Complete with little visitors.

I still have a few things I want to post about from this trip so this isn't the last post. Next up will be a few food things.

No comments:

Post a Comment