Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, September 17, 2018

Going Back to a Place that is in my Heart

Two years ago I went to Japan in August. For a concert. While the heat and humidity was not the greatest experience, the concert was something I had dreamed of doing, sort of. For about 14 or 15 years I have been a fan of a band that I wish I could have seen live. There are videos of their performances and I would watch and wonder what it would be like to be in that audience. Because this band would have amazing concerts that went beyond just performing music.

 2016 I needed something to look forward to. Returning to Japan after my last trip during which the Great Tohoku Disaster happened, and having the chance of a lifetime to see the founding members of this band perform together, that was something. I blogged about that trip here, and about the Deep Sanctuary concert which featured the reunion of Közi, Yu~ki and Mana, founding members of MALICE MIZER. It also was the start of my enjoyment of Moi dix Mois live performances.

So when this year's Deep Sanctuary's concert was announced, I wasn't considering going. I already had my trip for March planned. Plus being in that heat and humidity again wasn't something I was keen on, since it means going places is a little more difficult. I needed to deal with moving once I returned from Japan. Tickets went up for sale and I passed on buying one even though they had a special way for overseas fans to buy them.

However, the person who was putting this concert together kept making announcements about it. Like how this time there would be three vocalists. There would be more songs than there were at previous shows. New costumes, resurrecting classic instruments, and more.  Temptation. And then they announced a second day. By then I had everything taken care of in regard to my moving, and also a certain Gackt Taeyang doll sold for enough money to pay for my ticket. So I gave in.

September 11th, I got up early, caught a bus to the local train station and headed to Portland International Airport. My first time going this way, and it was really easy and very inexpensive. I don't think I've ever posted a photo of the trains here. Till now. They aren't fancy but they are run well. It was nice being able to put my feet up too. 

I'm pretty sure I've posted photos of Portland International Airport. So instead here is a photo of the place I ate breakfast at. Portland has more great restaurants than one can imagine. Getting an additional space in the airport is a popular thing, and The Country Cat is one of those restaurants.

Like most airport restaurants, Country Cat has a well appointed bar. 

However I was just there for food. I ordered their Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon. This was way more food than I normally eat. Even though it was really good, I couldn't finish it. But it was a nice meal to start my trip. 

Another benefit of flying out of Portland is getting to see the green woods and fields, along with Oregon's mountains. 

Along with all our rivers, bridges and volcanoes. Like Mt. Hood off in the distance. That is Portland below with the Cathedral Bridge and then the Burlington Northern Railroad Bridge.

However most of my flight to my first stop was over blue Pacific waters and clouds. Because I was trying something new for the place I would connect to my flight to Tokyo. Hawaii. Which will be in my next post. 
Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment