Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, August 24, 2018

Someday Seattle

 So what did I do after flying back from Japan? I drove three hours to Seattle to go to Sakura-con. I did stop to eat. Checked out a Taco Time in Washington. Their veggie burrito was pretty good.

I was really tired but I figured I'd get sleep in my hotel room. There were two I was considering. In hindsight, I should have gotten a room at the other hotel. Because looks are deceiving. I was really wondering why my room was so huge. This is only half of it. Long hall to get in, big bathroom, and a big dressing area.

The reason why it was so large is because one wall was the back of the elevators. Which I heard all day and night. They finally slowed down around 2 am but started running non-stop again at 5 am. Which means I got three hours of sleep each night. Even with ear plugs it was constant noise. Given the hotel was fully booked, I knew I would not be given a different room. I would have left the second day but I really wanted to go to the Moi-même-Moitié tea party. At least it explains why I was so out of it at the party. I did not feel very good.

As to that hotel, after I got home I did put in a complaint. Surprisingly, or maybe not because they know that room is terrible, I was refunded my full amount for the room. So there is that.

As for my stay in Seattle, once again, grey weather. Third time visiting the city, each time it's the same. I know, this is the way it is in Seattle in the winter.

At least I got to enjoy using my Moi-méme-Moitié bat bag.  I wish I had been able to go to an autograph session. It would have been nice to have it signed and to tell Mana that this was one of the samples from his Moitié office. 

I did also get to use the bath salts I bought in Tokyo. 

I also did get out and walked around a little the first evening. I was too tired the second evening to go very far. 


Nice to see sakura blooming in Seattle. 



I walked along the waterfront a little bit. Down to the Ferris wheel and back.  



I was amused to see this advertising for Oregon. Yes the tulip fields are very nice.


 I was hoping for a little clearing of the skies but this was the best that happened that evening.

Yes I walked up these stairs. And then more stairs. 

I wasn't sure where to eat. I was hungry and I did find a place with a view of the water. And a glass of chardonnay. 

The wait staff at this place were really nice. The food was decent but not that inspiring. I wish I had looked into more the places to eat right around the hotel or in this area. This was their seared salmon with cilantro butter. 

And the view from my table. 

Since I already did posts about Sakura-con, I won't write about it here. This is the main post  http://blukats.blogspot.com/2018/04/sakura-con-2018.html. I can't help but think if I had a better hotel room my time at the convention would have been much better and I would have done a few more things. But I can't change what happened so if I ever go back I will definitely make different arrangements. 

I had hoped to go see the sakura trees at the University but the weather was really bad as I was leaving the hotel and downtown area. That snow, ice, rain mix which isn't nice to be out in. So I headed home. The drive back had better weather. 

And I saw a nice sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment