Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Tea in Ginza

 It's been ten years since I took a picture of the Ginza Wako Building. When you see this, you know you are in Ginza.

Another Ginza landmark is Mitsukoshi department store. It's been around since 1930. And of course it houses another popular place. This one is from France. Ladureé.

I know it's become a habit for me to stop there. But this time, I stayed. For tea. 

So would I just have macarons? 

Or something more. Since I had been walking a lot, being able to sit and eat something sweet was definitely going to happen. 

Along with tea. So many to choose from. The Marie Antoinette was tempting, especially since Ladurée's uses Marie's favorite shade of blue for their boxes and more. 

Or would I go with Thé à la Rose? Tempting since one of my favorite teas is a white rose petal blend. 

But I went with Marie, which was served in this lovely pot with a L cover to protect from the heat.  Delicious with the flavor of fruit and more. My thought was the roses might not get along with my pastry.

Since it was sakura season I could not resist a sakura dessert. Saint-Honoré Sakura, a puff pastry with little choux pastries on top, sakura smooth cream, sakura pastry cream, sakura-morello cherry compote, sakura whipped cream, and candied morello cherry. That's a lot to put into one pastry and it was delicious! I would definitely order this again if I ever have the chance to visit Ladurée again.

This was a really nice stop. But it was time for me to move on to my next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment