Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Sitaara Curry at Ueno Station

 I've been looking forward to writing about Sitaara Diner. Still the same day I was walking around Ueno Park in the rain, ice and snow. I was cold and a little drenched so I headed to Ueno Station looking for a place to eat lunch. When I saw this little Indian diner.

Outside they had colorful samosas, naan bread and more displayed. Checking their signs I saw they had vegetable curry. I figure it would be just the thing to warm me up.

Like a lot of places at train stations, inside the diner was really small. I ordered at the counter. The staff spoke English, Japanese and probably a few other languages. 

Very small seating area, maybe twenty people could squeeze in here? Maybe less? 

My receipt as I waited for my food. If you can read Japanese you will know what all I ordered. 

If not, here is my lunch. Cabbage salad that seems to be standard in Japan, spiced vegetables, gelatin, vegetable curry and a giant garlic naan bread. 

Did I mention that because the Ueno Zoo has panda bears there are panda bears in many places in Ueno? Sitaara branded their naan bread with a panda bear image. 

As to the food, I could have just eaten that vegetable curry with the garlic naan and been happy. This was one delicious bowl of spices and pieces of different vegetables including lotus root. I was impressed by how well made it was. If I ever get a chance to stop in again, I will. And they also have a place in Shinagawa Station. I was happy to get my curry fix and even more so that it was so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment