Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Rainy Visit to the Tokyo National Museum in Ueno Park

So what to do when the rain continues in Tokyo but you want to see sakura? I got on the train and headed to Ueno Park. A very wet park but I could see hints of flowering trees.

However my plan was not to view outside. Which was a good thing because not only was their rain this March day, but ice too. 

So I was headed indoors. But I still appreciated those trees along the way.

As I tried to find my way to the Tokyo National Museum. It's a little confusing since there are a number of large buildings in Ueno Park, many which are museums. And the Tokyo National Museum is comprised of more than one building. This is the Hyokeikan, which was originally the Imperial Museum.

And the Hon-kan, the main building for the Tokyo National Museum. This Imperial Crown style version of it opened in 1938 due to the fact the older building was damaged in the Great Kanto Earthquake. This is where I was going to do sakura viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment