Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, April 13, 2018

Shibuya Scramble and hide

Weather was much better my second full day in Tokyo. Which was good because there was something important I was going to later on. But first I headed over to Shibuya and the infamous Scramble. So you think there aren't many people waiting to cross?

Think again. Every time I return to Shibuya it seems like there are more people there. People there for business, going shopping and just wanting to be seen.  

Overseeing it all that day was hide. This photo has a few fans surprised since they had not seen it before. HURRY GO ROUND is a documentary movie where an actor examines the last three months of hide's life. It is part of the 20th Memorial Project for hide.

A lot of the architecture of the shopping area of Shibuya is unremarkable. Although on another day when I was back over there to buy something, the Disney store building caught my attention. I've seen it before but maybe because I was further away I could see it's imaginative design. The building is actually called the Humax Pavilion and it was built in 1992. The architect was Hiroyuki Wakabayashi.

As for me, I braved the crowds to stop in at the ESP Craft House. They have changed things around since I was there last. The museum was open so I was able to take a look but no photos. Too bad because there were many guitars up there that I did not see the last time. Including a couple custom jeune fille guitars that belong to Mana. Who also just put out new picks so I had to get a couple. They still had a few of the previous black with white picks so I grabbed a couple. The new picks look very nice with iridescent lettering and the Moi dix Mois ten point star on black. Reminds me of aurora borealis in the black night, or the glistening inside of a black abalone shell.

In between my quick trip to Shibuya and later returning there, I did a few other things elsewhere. But I am going to save those photos for later. My next post will be about something very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment