Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Some Days You Just Need a Break ~ Kit Kats in Ginza

What to do after two exciting days of concerts? Of course there is always the let down of it being over so I headed to a place in Ginza where I had been before. Since I took the Asakusa Line to Higashi-ginza Station I was on a different path when I saw this, the Ginza Kit Kat Chocolatory.

Of course I had to check it out. The sales person was nice and let me take photos.

Being the only one in there I browsed around. I wonder if they sell much from this store since they didn't have a lot of items out. Being Ginza every inch is expensive.

Rather nice advert for their Moleson Kit Kats.

New take on a macaron tower. Kit Kat event planning perhaps? In Japan Kit Kats are promoted as something nice you give to others so this takes it a little further I suppose.

I did end up getting my share of Kit Kats. One of each of the Sublimes, which have special wrappers.

Inside is one Kit Kat which is suppose to be made of couverture chocolate selected by their patissier. I did like these, especially the bitter chocolate one but I don't know if it's worth the cost and time just for these. I suppose it would make an impression if you were to give these to someone.

I picked up a box of "I Heart Fruits" which has two of each fruit flavor. I actually did give half to someone.

Along with the Matcha Sublime here are the fruit flavors. Orange, Strawberry, Passion Fruit, Raspberry and Blue Berry. Each has a white chocolate flavored outer and yes they are all colored to match their fruit. I tried these when I got home. The passion fruit was better than I thought it would be.

Probably the best of these specialty Kit Kats at this time was the Moleson. However be warned, that photo isn't quite what you get inside.

Although it is a bit more than what comes on the smaller versions being sold in bags in stores. I did like that the package had a drawer holding the Kit Kat to protect the dried cranberry and almonds on top.

Last is this Ginza only specialty box. I admit I bought this because of the cut work art.

 Inside was pistachio, strawberry, green tea and butter. While the butter ones were not overwhelming, it was my least favorite of all the ones I tried. The pistachio was pretty good.

The Ginza KitKat Chocolatery is at 3 Chome-7-2 Ginza, Chuo, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan. And there were no sushi Kit Kats in sight when I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment