Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, October 6, 2016

I'll be Seeing You Narita

I haven't written a lot about the hotel I stayed in because it was not enjoyable. While they had a decent breakfast every morning and the people at the front desk were fine, the way things are done there was a little crazy. I've stayed at a few hotels and ryokan in Japan and none of them cleaned rooms the way this place did. Starting at 10 am they open all the rooms on a floor and clean all of them at the same time. This goes on till almost 4 pm.

That's right, you can't be in your room from 10 am to 4 pm on days they are cleaning. Even if it's a day where you aren't having cleaning done and want to sleep a little, it's not going to happen. There are loud speakers on every floor so employees can page each other during the cleaning time. Except the loud speakers are in all the rooms. Oh and check out is at 10 am.

Because of that I found myself traveling early to Narita Airport for my flight back home. Which wasn't till late afternoon. I could have left my bag at the hotel but it was so hot outside that I would not have a place to shower afterwards if I did go out and walked around. So I won't recommend that hotel to anyone planning a long stay in Japan. One or two nights maybe but that's it.

With lots of time to waste and feeling totally exhausted I dragged my suitcase around the airport till it was time to check it in. Then I sought out food.

Narita was still a zoo. Places I had eaten on previous trips were packed with people. So I decided to go for something quicker. Also thought it was time I finally ate ramen in Japan. So I headed for Ramen Kagetsu Arashi.

I went for that genkotsu miso ramen. It's the little sign on the left. I have to say they have it together in regard to handling high demand. I got my bowl and attempted to find a seat. Ended up getting one from a woman who was saving it and another for people who didn't show up until I was done eating. Had to give her a look just to get it. Not cool of her to do that when there weren't any free seats available.

At least I was able to sit and enjoy my ramen.

The ramen was pretty good. Not overly salty, the broth was on the mild side. I figured the toppings would be average and they were. The noodles were good, stayed firm till the end. I ate every last drop.

Wandered around, bought some Kitkats and a bottle of water. Somehow while I was doing that this little kitsune found his way into my bag. Guess I have to start giving him offerings or something now.

No comments:

Post a Comment