Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Roppongi Hills Roses

So how do I follow up a post like the last one? Perhaps with roses. And crepe myrtle.

Crepe Myrtle is called sarusuberi 百日紅 in Japan.

So what to do after a night with an amazing concert? I went out to see something else I was looking forward to. But before that I stopped in hopes of seeing flowers. Out at Roppongi Hills.

Where they do have a rose garden. With pretty roses.

And one extremely tall statue of a rose.

Along with a gazebo.

I'm glad this photo turned out. Because the weather was super gloomy and really humid and hot. A jungle would have been more fitting than a rose garden.

While this garden is pretty it is surrounded by high rises and is small.

The rose sculpture by German artist Isa Genzken is eight meters tall. There is also a giant spider sculpture near there but I avoided it.

I was more wanting to see roses like this bright yellow one.

And this lovely cream white bloom.

I suppose the good thing about the Doraemon invasion that was happening around Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills is that it got the attention of all the people that were there so there weren't many in the little rose garden. Definitely an odd juxtaposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment