Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Surprise from Miyabi Tei

As you can tell from my blog I spend a bit of time visiting Mitsuwa Torrance and their food court. While I tried something from almost every food vendor one that we ate at more often was Miyabi Tei.

Usually I would order one of their bento or a rice bowl don. The boyfriend would always get their katsu curry. He's obsessed with curry to be honest. However one day I was by myself and decided to try their Shoyu Ramen.

While it wasn't an impressive bowl I will say it wasn't bad either. Toppings were minimal but the noodles were nice and the broth was not overly salty and had decent flavor that wasn't too strong or weak. I realize most people prefer Santouku for ramen there but the one time I tried it there were grains of spices and garlic in the bottom as if the seasoning packet didn't dissolve all the way. Since all this was back in 2012 I can't speak for how things are there now. But even now I'd eat Miyabi Tei's ramen before Santouku's at the Torrance Mitsuwa.

I don't know if I have photos from other meals at Miyabi Tei. If I do I will post those. In the meantime, Miyabi Tei is located inside Mitsuwa at 21515 S. Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90501. There are other good places to eat in there along with Hamada-Ya Bakery which has a lot of delicious baked goods. I wish they would open here in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment