Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, September 7, 2015

A Ramen Retrospective

With cooler weather finally happening in the area it makes me want to eat soup. Of course that includes ramen. So I thought I would put together a week of ramen posts. First up are a few places that I already wrote about.

Torrance and Gardena in California have a number of ramen restaurants. I tried a few and here is a review of a place that isn't there any more. Too bad because Mottainai Ramen was pretty good.


Another place in Gardena happens to be located in Marukai on Artesia Blvd., which is a great Japanese Grocery. A funky little food court has a couple places to eat including The Express.


Not too far from Marukai is Mitsuwa, another favorite Japanese Market. I really enjoyed the food fairs they would put on, especially when they had chefs come over from Japan. Here's a few bowls I was lucky to try including the best miso ramen I've ever eaten.

As for what is good in Oregon? I hope to have a few posts about a couple places I've tried here. Meanwhile here's a look at Yuzu, which is still my favorite ramen shop in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment