Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Want Fish Sauce?

 You got it! Fish Sauce in Portland, Oregon that is.

I was treated to a late dinner the other night. I've not eaten a lot of Vietnamese food even though I lived in Southern California near the epicenter of Vietnamese restaurants in Orange County. So this was a new experience for me. Thankfully we were there during happy hour so took advantage of that.

I think this is the Pigeon mocktail. Yes that is chili salt on the rim. Grapefruit juice, lime, cane, and soda make up this drink my friend ordered.

This is the  Chạo Tôm, which is fried minced shrimp wrapped around sugar cane along with vermicelli noodles, pickled daikon & carrots, mint, peanuts, and nước mắm sauce. Really delicious even if it was a bit messy. I loved the nước mắm fish sauce. The sugar cane stalk was interesting and added a bit of sweetness to the Chạo Tôm even though it was a little hard to chew.

I picked out Korean Style Romaine topped with mild housemade Gochujang vinaigrette and grilled tofu on the side. Pretty intense heat for a mild dressing. The grilled tofu was really good.

My friend suggested the Lettuce Wraps. They can be made with chicken and mushroom, shrimp or tofu and mushroom. This is the tofu version. The sauce was a soy mustard and was also really good. I'm glad I got to try this and I would definitely order it again or try one of the other versions.

I didn't try their Phở but my friend ordered a bowl. These are the toppings along with Sriracha and Hoisin sauce they serve with it.

She went with the filet mignon in the beef soup. One can also chose meat balls, chicken, or vegetables. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it.

Fish Sauce is located at 407 NW 17th Ave, Portland, OR 97209 and of course here is their website. I'm glad I got a chance to go there. I probably would not have gone on my own. Fun experiencing something new. So thank you to my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment