Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, August 14, 2015

Speaking of Oysters

One of the first places I went to after moving to Oregon was Goonies' Beach aka Cannon Beach. Hungry and not knowing where to eat we decided to check out Driftwood Restaurant and Lodge where they have inside and patio dining. Since the interior looked a bit worn and dated I opted for the patio. That was 2012 so I'm not sure if they have spruced things up inside since then. After being seated outside I ordered fried oysters to start with. They were pretty good.

I did not try the clam chowder my dining partner ordered so I can't give my impressions of it.


The salad was nice with fresh greens, tomatoes and olives.


I do remember the salmon was pretty good. Over all the meal was fine but a bit expensive. I was curious how other people thought of the place, plus was wondering if they fixed up the interior so I actually looked at Yelp reviews. While there are a number of people that love Driftwood there are a number of current reviews that reflect a similar experience as mine in regard to the price for what you get.


Driftwood Restaurant and Lodge is located at 179 N Hemlock St, Cannon Beach, OR 97110. The patio area isn't bad if you want to have a drink and maybe an appetizer after spending the day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment