Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Multnomah Falls Lodge Times Two

One of the many beautiful things in Oregon is Multnomah Falls. You might wonder about this impressive building located just before the waterfalls. Built in 1925 out of stone and lumber it's the Multnomah Falls Lodge.

Along with a couple of shops and interpretive center is the Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant. You can sit inside or if you are lucky you might get a table in the back and be able to glimpse the falls as you dine.

My  first visit in July, 2012 was lucky and we dined al fresco with this view. Of course it meant having something really delicious for dinner to celebrate. We started with Stuffed Mushrooms with a bit of pickles.

I really enjoyed their Caesar Salad. Very fresh tasting.

Their Potato Crusted Salmon was delicious along with the grilled zucchini and tomatoes. It was a great meal and very fitting for the lovely environment.

Another visit was in November 2013. Unable to sit outside we had lunch in the big room of the Lodge. The room is really large and spacious. I felt like I had gone back in time to when it was built. I was hesitant to take many photos. I guess that means I need to go back?

This time our table was by the large stone fireplace. Nice spot to sit and drink a local beer.

My dining companion really enjoyed his Prime Rib with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

I guess I tempted fate and ordered Salmon again. This time it was with a lemon dill sauce and came with house made chips. I wish I had gone with my original choice of a sandwich. The fish was okay but just wasn't the best like the first time. The chips were fine but the combination of the two didn't work for me. Lesson learned. But it doesn't mean I won't ever eat there again. Because it's a nice place for a meal and the falls are amazing and well worth seeing.

Multnomah Falls Lodge has a website which includes their menus here.
The Lodge is located just before the path to Multnomah Falls off of Interstate 84,
at 53000 Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019.
I do plan on posting photographs of the falls soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment