Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sushi at Yama

At the other end of the spectrum from conveyor belt sushi in the Portland Metro area are places like Yama Sushi and Sake Bar.

Which I stopped in last year just to see how it was. What I didn't know is this is one of the favorite places to eat sushi in Portland so I was lucky to get a seat. I was smart and took a photo of my order. You can see a little of what they offer.

If you want something to drink with your food Yama is well stocked for that.

Always nice to get a little something like these marinated cucumbers.

My order arrives. Yama's sushi is one piece but they are really nice sized pieces.

In front from left to right is striped bass with yuzu truffle oil, real crab gunkan which was beautifully done and tamagoyaki. Note how it is made with layers?

Back row left to right is maguro (tuna), yellowtail, wild salmon, premium snapper and aji (horse mackerel). Yama definitely lived up to it's reputation. I really enjoyed this.

With sushi this good Yama is popular so it's good to go when they open or make reservations.

Yama Sushi and Sake Bar is located at 926 NW 10th Ave, Portland, OR and their website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment