Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Monteaux's Public House

One more with French name but not serving French food. Back in 2012 after I moved to Oregon I did not know where to eat at. My favorite dining companion was visiting and after reviewing a certain website online he said we should have dinner at Monteaux's Public House in Beaverton. So we went. After perusing the menu we started with their hummus with marinated vegetables plate. This was pretty good.

I expected my dining companion to get a burger since that is what people said was good here. Instead he opted for their chicken dish. The chicken was tasty but honestly it looked like they just threw the food on the plate.

I ordered their salmon with butter tomato sauce and salad. Make that a warm limp salad stuck under a piece of salmon that even now looks like it should have cooked a little longer. I don't even want to say what that sauce looks like. Seriously this was awful and I should have sent it back and ordered something else. But I think I was afraid to.

At least I had room for dessert since the salad was inedible. Their chocolate mousse was decent.

I'm timid about posting bad reviews of places. But Monteaux's Public House is closed so I don't feel as bad about writing this. Looking online it appears they had changed a number of dishes after I ate there. I don't know if they improved because I never wanted to go back. I hope whatever the owners are doing now is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment