Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, July 13, 2015

Departure in December

One place I have found to be good to drop in before dinner hour is Departure. Get there early and there's lots of seating with a view.

The photos are from when I stopped in back in December to enjoy one of their delicious mixed drinks. I don't remember which one this was but I did enjoy it.

Along with the yakitori chicken with a yuzu chili sauce and cilantro leaves. This was nicely grill with a bit of heat from the chili sauce.

Even the end of the maki roll that I ordered looked artistic.

I don't remember the type of fist that was in the maki roll that day. Might have been albacore. It was very good. I'm really picky about rolled sushi but I liked this one so much that I asked for a second roll.

Departure Portland website is here. Good for when you want a different view of things.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. I wish we had good sushi here, but we are too far from the sea and not enough population that like sushi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could learn to make your own!
      I don't think I could live in a place that didn't have some kind of sushi available.
      I hope you get to visit the ocean in the near future. I read your blog about it.
      Maybe an ocean with a good sushi restaurant!

      Delete
  2. I have been just asked to be on a review panel in San Francisco in August... that will do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Score! If you have to eat sushi outside of Japan, that's the best place for it.

      Delete