Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Best Smelling Place in Portland

Has to be the International Rose Test Garden.

Located in Washington Park it's a very popular place for people to visit.

Understandably why with so many rose varieties that everyone wants to photograph.

In almost every color you could imagine.

 Since the weather was mild the other day I decided to take the train to the park and then the tram to the rose garden. That really is a good way to get there since you don't have to pay for parking.

I've been to the garden a few times which resulted in hundreds of photos. So many it has kept me from doing a blog post in the past.

This time I didn't take as many because I was there for something else.

 But I still took time to stop and smell the roses like these amazing Elina Hybrid Tea blossoms.

Along with a lot of other people with cameras and smart phones. So many so that I made my visit to the interior of the garden brief.

Many of the roses have signs stating what they are but since I wasn't spending much time I only noted a few like these gorgeous Twilight Zone Grandiflora.

Which look even darker in person and smell lovely.

In fact it was nicer just to look at the flowers and just take a few photos.

 If you like flowers and ever in the Portland area I really do suggest visiting the Portland International Rose Test Garden and the area around it during spring and summer.

Because it's more than just these flowers and I may do another post about that.

As for what I really went there for, it was a box of Steven Smith Teamaker White Rose Tea. Because the Portland Rose Garden Store is the only place that sells this. I am looking forward to having a cup soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment