Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, June 12, 2015

Golden Camel Mongolian Bar-B-Q in Torrance, California

 One of my favorite places to eat many moons ago was Golden Palace Mongolia BBQ in Pasadena, California. Good to see they are still in business. I loved their puffy pita bread along with a bowl of freshly cooked vegetables. So one day when I lived in Torrance, California we decided to check out the local Mongolian BBQ place, Golden Camel.

 Similar to Golden Palace there were buffet bins of fresh vegetables and meats along with various sauces and oils. A chart noted how many spoonfuls to obtain certain levels of hotness.

 While some people like to pile on the meat, I like to pile on the vegetables and pineapple if they have it. Sometimes I would also add a bit of turkey but still stuck with mostly vegetables. You know they reduce less than meat so you actually get more once it's cooked?

 Of course they use one of the big grills. Always interesting to watch the chef cook our food. Interesting how they have it placed right by the parking lot window.

 The bowls came with soup, little egg rolls and rice. A pot of tea was offered and I think they did have desserts. Looking at their Facebook page they do say they have a dessert bar. We were there in 2010 so trying to remember back then...

I do remember this was a pretty good bowl of Mongolian BBQ. I wish I had gone again. I do need to see if there are any decent places around where I am now.

Golden Camel Mongolian Bar-B-Q is located at 21006 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503 for lunch and dinner. Their Facebook page is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment